Tips when using chipboard letters for your scrapbooking quotes
• When applying glue to your chipboard letters use an old magazine to rest the letters on, then simply lay your chipboard letter on the magazine and apply the glue. You can now turn the page of the magazine ready for the next letter.
• If you want to emboss your chipboard letters before applying them to your scrapbook paper, peel the top layer away. It may take some time but the results are fantastic.
• When covering chipboard letters with paper to change the colour always sand down the edges of the letters with a nail file or small sander for a smooth finish. Alternatively create your own using a sizzix die cutting machine.
• Use pigment ink to change the colour of your chipboard letters.
Tips when using eyelets for your scrapbooking ideas
• When trying to thread fibre through an eyelet create a needle shape from a piece of wire by bending the top of the wire over. Thread the fibre through the loop then pass the wire through the eyelet
• For a free and simple way to keep your eyelets and still be able to see them easily in your scrapbooking supplies save fast food plastic containers that have lids and are see through and store your eyelets inside.
• If you cannot afford an eyelet setting kit simply use a Philips head screwdriver to attach the eyelets to your scrapbook page layout.
• Use a large magnet to pick up all your spilt eyelets from the floor and your working area.
Tips when using foam stamps with your scrapbooking ideas
• Always take your ink to the stamp. This avoids any extra ink ending up outside the stamp area.
• Create your own foam stamps from fun foam. Simply draw your design and cut it out using good quality scissors.
• Organize your foam stamps in alphabetical order so that you can find what you are looking for in half the time.
Tips on storing and using ribbon for your scrapbooking ideas
• Use scraps of ribbon to make bows which cover the spiral binding of a journal or album.
• Place ribbon around paper clips and use them to hold your photos and embellishments in place on your scrapbook page layouts.
• Use ink pads to change the colour of your ribbon. Ensure the ribbon is dry before attaching it to your scrapbook page.
• Punch holes down the side of your photo or scrapbook page and place ribbon bows through the holes.
• Use letter stamps on ribbon for journaling and scrapbooking quotes.
• When creating a baby scrapbook page attach tiny clothes pegs to a length of ribbon for added detail.